GLEN BURNIE, Md. — Firefighters rescued eight people from a burning Glen Burnie apartment building Thursday.
Anne Arundel County Fire crews received several calls from residents trapped on the second floor at 7849 Crilley Road.
Smoke was preventing them from escaping.
Firefighters simultaneously battled the blaze while pulling most of the residents to safety through second story windows, then down a ladder.
Five of the rescued individuals were taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The fire which originated from a first floor kitchen stove top was put out in 15 minutes. Officials believe it was accidental.
Residents in all eight apartments were displaced and are being assisted by the Red Cross.