PARSONSBURG, Md. — A father and son on the Eastern Shore are in the hospital recovering from burns caused by a gun that accidentally went off in their travel trailer.
It happened Sunday in the 5400 block of Sixty Foot Road in Wicomico County.
The Fire Marshal's Office says the father was inside the trailer, trying to put the gun in a case when it accidentally discharged and struck a thirty-pound propane tank.
That caused the tank to ignite which led to the trailer catching fire while the father and his son were still inside .
Both were able to escape but not before suffering second-degree burns.
Each is expected to fully recover and be released from the hospital sometime soon.
The trailer itself was destroyed.
Overall it took about 20 firefighters 20 minutes to get the flames under control.
No charges will be filed, according to the State Fire Marshal.