QUEENSTOWN, Md. — A fire broke out Tuesday inside the main dog kennel of the Queen Anne's County Animal Services building on Clay Drive.
Despite being filled with smoke, shelter staff and county EMS teamed up to safely evacuate all animals.
Thankfully everyone made it out okay.
The dogs impacted have all been safely moved to another building on the property, according to Chief of Animal Services, Ramon Villatoro.
As of Friday, the building remains open and operational.
It's believed a malfunctioning air conditioning unit caused the fire, said Villatoro.