NewsLocal News

Actions

Classes resume at Eastern Tech High School in Essex after gas leak forced evacuation

Posted at 9:38 AM, Oct 19, 2021

ESSEX, Md. — Eastern Tech High School in Essex was forced to evacuate Tuesday morning after reports of a natural gas odor inside the building.

The Baltimore County Fire Department says a Hazmat crew was able to fix a malfunctioning gas line that caused the leak.

Students and staff were allowed to reenter the building over an hour later.

No injuries were reported.