BALTIMORE — Six E-ZPass customer service centers inside Motor Vehicle Administration branches will reopen Oct. 13 at limited capacity and by appointment only.
The facilities are located in Bel Air, Beltsville, Gaithersburg, Glen Burnie MVA branches. Two new locations -- in the Annapolis and Waldorf MVA branches -- are opening for expanded customer service.
All customers must schedule an appointment to visit an E-ZPass customer service center in the MVA locations by calling 410-537-8400. E-ZPass service representatives are available from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays to schedule appointments.
Appointments can be made up to 10 days in advance of the desired date. For a full list of E-ZPass customer service center locations and operating hours, go to ezpassmd.com/en/about/csc.shtml.
In addition to limiting capacity and requiring appointments to reduce the number of customers in the centers at one time, the MDTA will have procedures in place to protect customers and staff:
- Face coverings: MDTA customer service representatives and all customers will be required to wear face coverings while in the MVA branch and customer service centers. Customers also will be asked a series of screening questions in order to enter the branch. Anyone who is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or who has recently been exposed to someone with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis should postpone their visit.
- Temperature scan: All staff and customers will be required to have a temporal scan of body temperature before entering the MVA branch to access an MDTA customer service center.
- Health screening questions: Staff and all customers will be asked health screening questions prior to entering any MVA branch.
- Safeguard dividers: The MDTA has installed plexiglass dividers at each station at the customer service centers to protect customers and staff during transactions.
- Social distancing: All Marylanders are advised to practice social distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Procedures will be in effect at all customer service centers, including ground/floor stickers to mark safe and proper distances of 6 feet.
- Workstation cleanings: Workstations will be cleaned and wiped down between each customer visit. The MDTA is asking customers for their patience during the cleanings.
The MDTA said many E-ZPass account needs can be handled online.
Services such as creating new accounts, adding funds or making changes to an existing account can be provided 24/7 at ezpassmd.com or via the Interactive Voice Response system, at 888-321-6824.
To speak with a representative, call the toll-free line (711 for MD Relay) between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. weekdays