NewsLocal News

Actions

Dog killed in accidental house fire in Bel Air

Dog killed in accidental house fire in Bel Air.jpg
Posted at 1:02 PM, Dec 21, 2020
and last updated 2020-12-21 13:02:27-05

HARFORD COUNTY — A dog was killed in an accidental house fire in Bel Air.

At about 2:51 a.m. on Saturday, in the 1400 block of Rolling Place in Bel Air, the Bel Air Volunteer Fire Company responded to a house fire.

Fire officials say the owners were asleep when they heard a window break.

When they went to check what happened, they discovered a fire within the living room.

The family of four was able to escape without injury, however their dog died in the fire.

The cause of the fire was accidental due to electrical failure of a power strip.

They are being assisted by family.