BALTIMORE, Md. — The Baltimore City Department of Transportation has announced that the Baltimore-Washington Parkway (MD-295) will be closed for the demolition of the Annapolis Road Bridge superstructure this weekend.
Officials say the closures are needed in order to demolish the Annapolis Road Bridge as part of the Triple Bridges Replacement Project.
The project is scheduled to close north and southbound MD-295 starting 9 p.m. April 26 through April 28. The roadway will reopen Monday, April 29 at 5 a.m.
The closures include the following access ramps to MD-295 in an effort to prevent traffic near the road work:
- Southbound I-95 ramp to MD-295 South
- Eastbound Monroe Street ramp to MD-295 South
- Manokin Street ramp to MD-295 South
- Annapolis Road ramp to MD-295 South
- I-695 exit ramps to MD-295 North
All southbound Russell Street traffic going towards MD-295 will be detoured onto I-95 South, and all northbound MD-295 traffic will be diverted onto I-695 to I-95 North. Detours during the closure are:
- Southbound MD-295/Russell Street traffic will be detoured onto I-95 South.
- Northbound MD-295 that is destined for Baltimore City will be detoured onto I-695 West to I-95 North to Russell Street.
The DOT urges commuters to plan additional travel time for the closure and to use alternate routes into and out of Baltimore City.