BALTIMORE — On Friday, Baltimore Police Department Commissioner Michael Harrison announced several command staff changes that will assist the department in fulfilling its public safety mission.
The staff changes are as follows:
- Captain Donald Diehl will be promoted to Major of the Northern District. Prior to this appointment he served as the Captain for the Special Investigation Response Team and previously as the Captain in the Southwest District.
- Lieutenant Peter Heron will be promoted to Captain of the Southern District. Prior to his appointment, he served as a Lieutenant in the Southeast District.
- Major Ettice Brickus will oversee the Administrative Division. Prior to this appointment, she served as the Major of the Northwest District.
- Major Tomecha Brown will take over the Northwest District. Prior to this appointment, she served the Duty Officer for the City and Major of the Southeast District.
- Captain Michael Newton will take over as the Captain for the Special Investigation Response Team. Prior to this appointment, Captain Newton served as the Captain of the Southern District.
“The Baltimore Police Department is continuing its efforts to promote officers and put in place new leaders with the department to move our agency forward,” said Commissioner Harrison. “As we continue to grow our ranks, these promotions and staff changes represent the next generation of leaders within the department.”