BALTIMORE — The Baltimore Department of Public Works announced all recycling crews will be moved to trash collecting operations.
Recycling pickup will cease starting Aug. 31 and will last at least through Nov. 1.
Community collection centers will be established in each council district and will be open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
DPW said this move is being made to help with the major backlog in trash pickup around the city.
The Community Collection Centers will consist of a roll-off dumpster or a trash vehicle. The Collection Centers will open Monday, August 31:
- District 1: DPW Maritime Operations Facility, 311 Eastbourne Avenue
- District 2: DPW Eastside Sanitation Yard, 6101 Bowleys Lane (open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday-Saturday)
- District 3: Hamilton Elementary School, 5807 Harford Road
- District 4: Chinquapin Middle School, 900 Woodbourne Avenue
- District 5: Former Police Academy, 3500 W. Northern Parkway
- District 6: Greenspring Middle School, 4701 Greenspring Avenue
- District 7: Westside Elementary School, 2235 N. Fulton Avenue
- District 8: Westside Skills Center, 4501 Edmondson Avenue
- District 9: DPW Meter Shop, 200 N. Franklintown Road
- District 10: DPW Southwest Sanitation Yard, 701 Reedbird Avenue (open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday-Saturday)
- District 11: Digital Harbor High School, 1100 Covington Street
- District 12: Dunbar High School, 601 N. Central Avenue
- District 13: DPW Property Management Facility,1825 Edison Highway
- District 14: Mergenthaler (“Mervo”) High School, 3500 Hillen Road
Two of the recycling collection centers listed above include DPW’s Citizens’ Convenience Drop-off Centers located on Reedbird Avenue and Bowleys Lane.
These locations will be reopened to accept trash and recycling and will be open Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
In addition, residents can dispose of trash and recycling at the following Convenience Drop-Off Centers:
- Sisson Street Citizen Drop-Off Center, located at 2840 Sisson Street, Monday – Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Northwest Transfer Station, located at 5030 Reisterstown Road, Monday - Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Quarantine Road Landfill, located at 6100 Quarantine Road. Monday - Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.