BALTIMORE — The Baltimore City Health Commissioner has issued a Code Red Extreme Heat Alert for Wednesday, August 25th through Friday, August 27th due to extreme heat in the area.
The Health Department’s Division of Aging will open the following locations as cooling centers on Wednesday, August 25th through Friday, August 27th from 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.:
- Oliver Center Senior Center 1700 Gay Street (410) 396-3861
- Hatton Senior Center 2825 Fait Avenue (410) 396-9025
- Harford Senior Center 4920 Harford Rd. (410) 426-4009
- Sandtown Winchester Senior Center 1601 Baker St. (410) 396-7725
- Zeta Center for Healthy and Active Aging 4501 Reistertown Rd. (410) 396-3535
You should not visit a cooling center if you have the following symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you should call ahead to a healthcare professional and mention your symptoms.
The Baltimore City Department of Recreation and Parks pools are all open except for Clifton Park and Liberty pools.
All guests must register in advance online or by phone to secure a pool reservation.