Maryland residents needing to enroll in the state's health insurance marketplace can get a hand at several events in counties across state, the Maryland Health Connection announced Thursday.
"Beat the Rush" events providing free help navigating the health exchange markets have been scheduled from Nov. 6-11 in 18 of Maryland's 24 counties. A full list of events can be found at the Maryland Health Connection website.
Residents who attend must make sure to bring:
- Social Security numbers (or document numbers for any legal immigrants who need insurance)
- Birthdates and general information about you and your family members who also are applying for health coverage
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance
- Employer and income information for everyone in your family (for example, from pay stubs, W-2 forms or wage and tax statements)
- Information about any job-related health insurance available to your family
Open enrollment runs from Nov. 1 to Dec. 15, with plans starting on Jan. 1 of 2019. Prices and plans for 2019 can be reviewed at the Maryland Health Connection website. Many plans should cost less in the upcoming year than the previous year's options, the Health Connection said, and nine out of 10 people who enroll in the exchange are eligible for financial help.
Residents who are eligible for Medicaid or the Maryland Children's Health Program can enroll at any time of the year, the Health Exchange said.