In observance of National HIV Testing Day later this month, the Baltimore County Department of Health is offering free HIV testing at seven different locations.
From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. around the county on Saturday, June 25, individuals can travel to any of the seven planned clinic sites for a free oral test to determine their HIV status. The planned clinic locations are:
- Drumcastle Government Center, 6401 York Road, Baltimore, MD 21212
- Essex Health Center, 201 Back River Neck Road, Baltimore, MD 21221
- Hannah More Health Center, 12035 Reisterstown Road, Reisterstown, MD 21136
- Lansdowne Health Center, 3902 Annapolis Road, Baltimore, MD 21227
- Liberty Family Resource Center, 3525 Resource Drive, Randallstown, MD 21133
- Northpoint Government Center (WIC side), 7701 Wise Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21222
- Walgreens, 1801 York Road, Cockeysville, MD 21093
The CDC encourages everyone between the ages of 13 and 64 to be tested for HIV. Anyone who is sexually active, regardless of age, is at risk, so officials say that making an HIV test part of your annual physical is key.
According to the CDC, around 1.2 million Americans have HIV/AIDS and an estimated 13 percent, or around 150,000, do not realize they are infected.
A full list of regularly scheduled HIV tests can be found by calling 410-887-2437 or by visiting the department’s website: www.baltimorecountymd.gov/go/gettested.