ELLICOTT CITY, Md. — On Friday, the Howard County Board of Elections finalized Howard County’s early voting sites. Election day is on November 3, but residents can vote early between October 26 and November 2.
“We want to ensure our residents are informed and empowered on the many options they have to vote this November,” said County Executive Calvin Ball. “Voting is the cornerstone of our democracy and we must ensure that we are providing safe and easy methods to make sure that all Howard County residents are engaged and aware of how to vote in the general election this November.”
Unlike the 2020 Primary Elections, voters will not automatically receive a mail-in ballot. Instead, voters will receive an application to receive their ballot through the mail and they must submit a request in order to receive a ballot by mail.
Due to COVID-19, Howard County recommends that voters cast their votes by mail. The deadline to request your mail-in ballot is October 20. To request your ballot, click here.
In addition to returning them via mail, mail-in ballots can also be returned to a ballot drop box, which will be located at the Howard County Board of Elections Office and all early voting centers.
If you need to update your voter registration, register to vote, and/or check your voting status, please visit the State Board of Elections website.
As was stated above, early voting locations will be open from October 26 to November 2. They will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. and any Howard County voter can vote at any early voting center.
The early voting centers are listed below:
- Marriotts Ridge High School - Auxiliary Gym and Gym, 12100 Woodford Drive, Marriottsville, MD 21104
- Meadowbrook Athletic Complex- Multi-Purpose Room, 5001 Meadowbrook Lane. Ellicott City, MD 21043
- Long Reach High School- Auxiliary Gym and Gym, 6101 Old Dobbin Lane, Columbia, MD 21045
- Wilde Lake High School- Cafeteria and Gym, 5460 Trumpeter Road, Columbia, MD 21044
- Reservoir High School- Auxiliary Gym and Gym, 11550 Scaggsville Road, Fulton, MD 20759