An Essex man has been arrested and charged in 14 burglaries in Howard County, county police said Thursday.
David Warren Chilcote, 66, of Wiltshire Road, committed the commercial burglaries between September 2016 and April 2018. All but one were in Ellicott City, with the last case occurring in Fulton.
Despite being captured on multiple store security cameras, Chilcote wore a mask, obscuring his identity. No one was able to identify him when police posted surveillance photos on social media, as well. Continued investigation eventually led detectives to Chilcote.
Chilcote is now facing multiple counts of burglary, destruction of property and theft for prying or attempting to pry doors open, in some instances also taking cash, at the following businesses:
- Sept. 29, 2016: Tradewinds Travel, Beach Insurance, Leedazzle Nail Salon (12800 block of Frederick Road, Ellicott City)
- May 30, 2017: Nationwide, Office of Linda Liang, M.D., Lee Acupuncture, A Touch of Brass, La Bella Hair & Beauty, Artipre Art Studio (9000 block of Chevrolet Drive, Ellicott City)
- May 30, 2017: Setareh Day Spa, Nail Trix Spa (100000 block of Baltimore National Pike, Ellicott City)
- Jan. 25, 2018: Leedazzle Nail Salon, West Friendship Animal Hospital (12800 block of Frederick Road)
- April 10, 2018: McAdoodle Consignment (11800 block of Scaggsville Road, Fulton)