Eight men were arrested during an undercover prostitution sting in Howard County last week.
The would-be johns were arrested Jan. 17 for soliciting prostitution at a hotel in the 10100 block of Washington Boulevard in Laurel, Howard County Police said. The operation was part of an ongoing effort by county police to combat prostitution, human trafficking, and related offenses.
Detectives placed fake ads on websites they knew were used for prostitution as part of their investigation, police said. An undercover officer spoke with men who contacted the numbers in the fake prostitution ads. Upon the caller’s request, the officer provided a meeting location. When the men showed up and offered money for sex, they were arrested.
The eight men arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and solicitation of prostitution were:
- Edilberto Vazquez-Domingu, 32, of Laurel
- Jose Sorto-Montiel, 30, of Laurel
- Ravi Bahethi, 52, of Bowie
- Nathan Kaiser, 35, of Columbia
- Julio Roque-Garcia, 36 of Hyattsville
- Junior A. Orellana-Leiva, 21, no fixed address
- Deanthony Colvin, 28, of Frederick
- Trung Nguyen, 33, of Glen Burnie
In an effort to combat this industry that often preys on human trafficking victims, Howard County Police encourage anyone who thinks they may know anything about a prostitution or human trafficking operation, or about the victims of such an operation, to call 911, 410-313-3200, 410-290-3874, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.