A robber known as the "winter hat robber" was arrested Monday.
Baltimore County Police arrested Harrison Lewis III after he allegedly robbed the PNC Bank in the 3400 block of Sweet Air Road in Phoenix.
Special agents from the FBI Baltimore Office and police detectives from Howard County assisted in the investigation.
The winter hat robber is suspected in 10 other bank robberies in Baltimore City and Baltimore, Carroll and Howard counties, including:
- Dec. 22 — Wells Fargo Bank, 860 North Rolling Road, Catonsville
- Dec. 28 —SunTrust Bank, 612 Frederick Road, Catonsville
- Dec. 31—BB&T Bank, 1300 Liberty Road, Eldersburg
- Jan. 5 — M&T Bank, 5642 Baltimore National Pike, Catonsville
- Jan. 6 —M&T Bank, 8200 Harford Road, Parkville
- Jan. 7 —PNC Bank, 3757 Old Court Road, Pikesville
- Jan. 10 — Capital One Bank, 9245 Baltimore National Pike, Ellicott City
- Jan. 11 —M&T Bank, 705 Frederick Road, Catonsville
- Jan. 19-- The First National Bank, in the 9400 block of National Pike, Ellicott City
- Jan. 19--BB&T Bank, in the 9400 block of National Pike, Ellicott City