BALTIMORE COUNTY — Last year, 50 people were murdered in Baltimore County, that's a record number.
Today, the County Executive and Police Chief released a plan to fight violent crime.
It focuses on five key areas:
- Improved data and analytics
- Conducting targeted crime prevention in hot spots and at key times of day
- Attracting and retaining high quality police officers
- Embracing proven violence reduction strategies
- Forming strong partnerships with other agencies
"Any loss of life is unacceptable. And we will do everything we can to tackle it head on. And I'm confident that these initiatives as well as other focused efforts throughout the year, will ensure Baltimore County remains a safe place to live, work and raise a family," County Executive Johnny Olszewski Jr.
The County Executive says there's no "single factor that causes violent crime and there's no single solution.