New details of Johns Hopkins Hospital murder

Stabbing victim's wife had blood on hand
New details of Johns Hopkins Hospital murder
Posted at 4:03 PM, Oct 16, 2017
and last updated 2017-10-16 17:40:42-04

Police responded to a room in the pediatric intensive care unit at Johns Hopkins for a report of a suicide, but it quickly became apparent 33-year-old Christopher Yancey, Sr. had not taken his own life.
According to charging documents, the victim's wife, Anita Nicole Jones, had been alone with the victim inside that room when she emerged with blood on one of her hands claiming he had cut himself.
But a pair of stab wounds to the victim would prove to be fatal.

"This is a world-renowned hospital, Johns Hopkins University, and unfortunately they weren't able to save him,” said Baltimore Police Media Relations Chief T.J. Smith, “So this speaks to how significant these injuries were that occurred inside of a room."
We have also learned that jones told workers at the hospital that the two had been arguing, and she claimed she didn't see him injure himself.
She left the hospital before police arrived.
Once detectives learned no one else had been in the room and there was no sharp object found there, everything pointed to jones as the killer---the same woman who had given birth to six of the victim's nine children, including the 14-year-old boy they had gone to the hospital to visit.

"I can't speak to somebody that makes a decision to pull out a knife and use it against her husband while her child is in a room getting a medical procedure.  I can't speak to that.  I don't know," said Smith.
Just as the victim's mother, Christine Ware, is left to raise her many grandchildren without any words to offer them, which could possibly explain what happened.

"I don't have no idea.  I don't have no idea to what happened or how it happened or why it happened,” said Ware, “I do not have no idea.  I just wish it didn't happen."
When a detective contacted Jones, she agreed to come in to give a statement, but she never showed up.
Police tracked her down and arrested her the following day, and she's now being held on a series of charges including first degree murder.