TOWSON, Md. — Baltimore County has installed free external Wi-Fi service at 10 public libraries.
Though libraries are closed amid the COVID-19 pandemic, citizens can use Wi-Fi from their vehicles on the parking lot of each library below.
- Catonsville Branch, 1100 Frederick Road, Catonsville, MD 21228
- Essex Branch, 1110 Eastern Boulevard, Essex, MD 21221
- Hereford Branch, 16940 York Road, Hereford, MD 21111
- Lansdowne Branch, 500 Third Avenue, Lansdowne, MD 21227
- North Point Branch, 1716 Merritt Boulevard, Dundalk, MD 21222
- Randallstown Branch, 8604 Liberty Road, Randallstown, MD 21133
- Rosedale Branch, 6105 Kenwood Avenue, Rosedale, MD 21237
- Towson Branch, 320 York Road, Towson, MD 21204
- White Marsh Branch, 8133 Sandpiper Circle, Baltimore, MD 21236
- Woodlawn Branch, 1811 Woodlawn Drive, Woodlawn, MD 21207
Just make sure to actually remain in your car and to practice social distancing while using the internet on library property, as the county says the guidelines will be strictly enforced.
To find the closest free internet service to you, click here.
Also don't forget, Comcast is offering low-income families 60 days of complimentary Internet Essentials service if you apply by May 13, 2020.
In addition to libraries, Baltimore County and Comcast have hundreds of free public Wi-Fi hotspots. Find one near you by clicking here.