Every year, hundreds of children accidentally ingest lithium coin batteries. Besides being a choking hazard, if swallowed, they can burn the surrounding tissue in just two hours causing serious harm or even death.
Duracell is introducing the Power Safely campaign to help decrease accidental ingestion. They have added child-proof packaging as well as a bitter taste coating, which discourages accidental swallowing.
Parents should check devices that use lithium coin batteries, like remotes, car key fobs, thermometers, and more to make sure battery compartments are secure, and lock away any stored batteries.
Learn more here.