Summer is a great time to relax and unwind with the family, but parents of young children should be aware of the dangers in some of the season's activities. Attorney Paul D'Amore has some tips for staying safe and enjoying your summer.
- Gate and lock pool - gates help keep children safe
- Know who is in the pool - new armband or sensor technology can help give peace of mind
- Supervise swimmers at all times - understand the swimming levels and always stay sober when supervising children
- Never leave your child unattended in the car - temperatures can climb quickly
- Call 911 if you see a child in a car - don't assume the parents are coming right back, and don't take a chance. Always call for help.
- Check your car - being out of routine can lead to terrible accidents. Always check the backseat
- Inspect equipment before use - make sure all playground equipment is in working order
- Watch for tripping hazards - diaper bags, toys, and strollers can all pose a risk
- Supervise your children - know where your child is and what equipment poses the most danger
Learn more here.