WORLD — SAKHIR, Bahrain (AP) — The Mercedes team says seven-time Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton has tested positive for COVID-19 and will miss this weekend's Sakhir Grand Prix. The team says Hamilton tested negative three times last week but felt mild symptoms the morning after winning Sunday's Bahrain Grand Prix. Hamilton took a further test after being informed that a contact prior to arrival in Bahrain had subsequently tested positive. The 35-year-old British driver returned the positive test Monday and that result has been confirmed by a retest. Hamilton says, “I’m really lucky that I feel OK with only mild symptoms.”
Posted at 2:41 AM, Dec 01, 2020
and last updated 2020-12-01 13:00:33-05
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.