NewsLocal News

Actions

6 puppies die in Bel Air shed fire

Shed fire in Bel Air
Posted at 5:08 PM, Mar 13, 2023
and last updated 2023-03-13 17:08:08-04

BEL AIR, Md. — Six puppies died in a Bel Air shed yesterday, after a heat lamp in the shed accidentally caught fire.

The space heater was being used to keep the 8-week-old puppies warm in the wood shed, at the end of a cul-de-sac on Harrington Road.

The Bel Air Volunteer Fire Company said in a press release that the fire was reported at 3 p.m. March 12. It was discovered by a neighbor, and 30 firefighters spent about 10 minutes working to control the fire.

The fire caused a total of about $5,000 in property damage.