Millions of people plan to fire up the grill for a Fourth of July cookout, but if you forgot to clean the grill after your last BBQ, you could be putting your family at risk.
Follow these safety precautions from Patient First Medical Centers to protect your family:
- Keep children and pets as far away as possible by creating a 3-foot "Kid Free Zone" around the grill.
- Use your grill outdoors only. Be sure to keep it away from your home, deck furniture and overhanging branches that could catch fire.
- Remove all grease or fat from the grill tray so it doesn’t catch fire.
- Never leave your grill unattended.
- Remember, grilling and drinking alcohol don't mix.
Watch the video above for more.