Everyone would like to make more money, but what would you be willing to give up to get it? Turns out the average worker will take drastic measures for a 10% raise.
LendEDU surveyed 1,238 people, asking what they would do or sacrifice for that pay bump.
- 12% said they would break up with their partner or significant other
- 53% would give up all their social media accounts for five years
- 43% said they would give up their right to vote for life
- 9% would give up their children's or future children's right to vote in all elections for life
- 73% said they'd give up alcoholic drinks for the next five years
- 15% would give up all of their vacation days for the next five years
- 5% would eat a single Tide Pod
- 47% said they'd give up all caffeinated products for the next two years
- 18% would give up access to health insurance for five years
- 55% would work an extra 10 hours a week for life
- 88% said they would give up watching Game of Thrones for the rest of their lives
You can see the full results from the study here .