HARFORD COUNTY, M.d — Harford County is planning upgrades to its public bus system aimed at cutting down the need to transfer and reduce wait times.
The project is set to begin on Monday, January 14th.
The county’s eight routes have been consolidated to six. Here is a list of the new rotues:
• Route 1 Green Line: Havre de Grace, Aberdeen, Bel Air
• Route 2 Blue Line (formerly Routes 2, 5 and 6): Bel Air, Edgewood, Aberdeen
• Route 3 Silver Line (formerly Route 8 and segments of Routes 2 and 6A): Aberdeen, Edgewood, Joppatowne
• Route 4 Yellow Line: Aberdeen Circulator
• Route 5 Teal Line (formerly Route 7): Aberdeen, Havre de Grace, Perryville
• Route 6 Orange Line (formerly Route 3): Bel Air Circulator
The new routes are expected to decrease ride times by about a third.
The 154 designated stops will remain and 77 “flag stops” will be added.
Flag stops are designated stops along the routes, but the bus only stops if someone is waiting for it.
Weekday hours will be extended until 9 p-m.