BALTIMORE — The University System of Maryland Board of Regents Chair Linda Gooden announced today that they have appointed an 18-member search committee to find a new chancellor for the 12-campus university system.
The search committee will be led by two chairs, Board of Regents Chair Gooden and Vice Chair Gossett.
The other members of the committee include the following people:
- Gary Attman, USM Board of Regents;
- Robert Bedingfield, Partner; Ernst & Young;
- Aminta Breaux, President, Bowie State University;
- Veronica Cool, Managing Partner, Cool & Associates LLC;
- Ellen Fish, USM Board of Regents;
- Patricia Florestano, Former Maryland Secretary of Higher Education;
- Geoff Gonella, Board Chair, University of Maryland, College Park (UMCP) Foundation Trustees;
- Michelle Gourdine, USM Board of Regents;
- Freeman Hrabowski, III, President, University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- Robert Kauffman, Chair, Council of University System Faculty; Professor, Frostburg State University
- Isiah “Ike” Leggett, USM Board of Regents;
- Robert Neall, USM Board of Regents;
- Drew Needham, Student Member, USM Board of Regents;
- Robert Rauch, USM Board of Regents;
- Kimberly Schatzel, President, Towson University;
- Bonnie Stein, Board Chair, USM Foundation
Serving as the USM liaison to the committee is Denise Wilkerson, who is the USM Office Chief of Staff. USM Chancellor Emeritus William “Brit” Kirwan will serve the search committee as a senior consultant.
"I am pleased that the search committee brings together such an accomplished group with exceptional leadership ability,” Gooden said. “Our goal is to recruit an exceptional leader who will leverage the collective strength of our system and work with our presidents to meet the research, innovation and workforce goals of the State of Maryland. I am confident that this is the search committee that will get us there.”
During the next several months, the committee will meet and forward their top candidates to the Board of Regents who will make the final selection.