The holidays are over, now it's time to clean up and take down the decorations. But what you can do with that live Christmas tree depends on where you live.
Baltimore City's tree curbside pickup starts Tuesday, January 2. You should put your tree out on your regular trash day, at the same place you put your regular trash. All tinsel and ornaments have to be removed. Crews will collect trees through January 31.
In Baltimore County, you can start putting your tree out at the curb on January 14. Officials urge you have the tree out by January 19 to ensure it gets picked up. If you miss the deadline, or don't want to wait you can drop trees off at three locations:
- White Marsh
Eastern Sanitary Landfill Solid Waste Management Facility6259 Days Cove Road, off 11400 block of Pulaski Highway
Baltimore County Resource Recovery Facility 201 Warren Road
Western Acceptance Facility3310 Transway Road
Anne Arundel County has already started collecting trees. They urge residents to put their trees at the curb before 6 a.m. on your regular collection day.
In Harford County, residents with curbside yard trim collection can put their Christmas trees out to be collected until January 19. For those who don't have yard trim service, you can drop your tree off at these locations:
- HWDC Mulch and Compost Facility
3135 Scarboro Road, Street, MD
- Tollgate Yard Trim Drop Off site
703 N. Tollgate Road, Bel Air, MD
Howard County encourages residents to participate in the Merry Mulch program. You can take Christmas trees to be recycled at eight facilities:
- Clarksville Kendall Hardware
12260 Rt. 108
- Columbia Cedar Lane Park
5081 Cedar Lane
- Elkridge Rockburn Park
5400 Landing Road
- Ellicott City
Small Circuit Court parking lot on upper Court House Drive
- Highland Schooley Mill Park
12975 Hall Shop Road
- Marriottsville Alpha Ridge Landfill Wood Waste Area
2350 Marriottsville Road
- Savage Savage Park
8400 Fair Street
- Woodbine Western Regional Park
14800 Carrs Mill Road
In Carroll County Christmas trees can be dropped off at either of the county's two landfills. Individual towns have their own plans for residents:
- Hampstead will collect trees on January 7 and January 14. Residents are urged to take the trees to the curb the night before.
- Manchester is picking up trees on January 11 and January 18.
- Mount Airy will collect trees on Sunday, January 13.
- New Windsor's Christmas tree pick up is scheduled for the first three Wednesdays of the new year. January 2, January 9 and January 16.
- In Sykesville curbside tree pick up is happening January 9 and 16.
- Taneytown will collect trees on January 12, they must be at the curb by 5 a.m.
- In Westminster trees will be picked up the first three Mondays of the new year - January 7, 14 and 21. You do have to schedule a pick up by calling 410-848-9077. People can take Christmas trees to a designated dumpster at the Westminster Skate Park on Locust Lane through March 31.