You might not think the Bible and Fifty Shades of Grey have much in common, but they do. They are two of the most challenged book in the country.
The books on the most challenged list reflect the biggest issues going on in society like sexuality, racism and religion.
The American Library Association tracks the top 10 most challenged book. While challenges don't usually lead to books being banned, they often provide a look at the issues facing society.
Here's the list of 10 top most challenged books:
- Looking for Alaska, by John Green
- Fifty Shades of Grey, by E.L. James
- I Am Jazz, by Jessica Herthel and Jazz Jennings
- Beyond Magenta: Transgender Teen Speaks Out, by Susan Kuklin
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, by Mark Haddon
- Holy Bible
- Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic, by Alison Bechdel
- Habibi, by Craig Thompson
- Nasreen's Secret School: A True Story from Afghanistan, by Jeanette Winter
- Two Boys Kissing, by David Levithan