Need a new refrigerator, washer and dryer, or dishwasher? Now's a good time to buy.
ENERGY STAR products can be purchased tax-free Feb. 18 - Feb. 20 in Maryland.
In addition to saving the state's six percent sales tax, buyers can also utilize rebates through BGE's Smart Energy Savers Program.
BGE offers rebates year-round for the following ENERGY STAR appliances.
- $500 rebates on hybrid heat pump water heaters
- $150-$400 rebates on pool pumps
- $100-$150 rebates on refrigerators
- $75-$100 rebates on clothes washers
- $50 rebates on electric clothes dryers
- $180-$1,620 in rebates on heating and cooling equipment and services
- Instant discounts on ENERGY STAR certified LED lightbulbs