BALTIMORE — Several Public School systems announced that they will hand out free meals to students during closures.
Baltimore City will operate eight emergency food distribution sites across the city from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. this upcoming Monday through next Friday.
Three meals will be available for students 18 and under, and those 18 and older with disabilities who participate in school programs at the following schools:
- Sandtown-Winchester Achievement Academy 701 Gold Street Baltimore, MD 21217 410-396-0800
- Dorothy I. Height Elementary School 2011 Linden Avenue 21217 410-396-0837 Tamara Hanson 145
- Alexander Hamilton Elementary School 800 Poplar Grove Street Baltimore, MD 21216 410-396-0520
- The Historic Cherry Hill Elementary/Middle School 801 Bridgeview Road Baltimore, MD 21225 410-396-1392
- Yorkwood Elementary School 5931 Yorkwood Road Baltimore, MD 21239 410-396-6364
- John Ruhrah Elementary/Middle School 701 Rappolla Street Baltimore, MD 21224 410-396-9125
- Arlington Elementary School 3705 W Rogers Ave Baltimore, MD 21215 410-396-0567
- Beechfield Elementary/Middle School 301 S Beechfield Avenue Baltimore, MD 21229 410-396-0525
- Sinclair Lane Elementary School 3880 Sinclair Lane Baltimore, MD 21213 410-396-9117
- Paul Laurence Dunbar High School 1400 Orleans Street Baltimore, MD 21231 443-642-4478
- City Neighbors Charter School 401 Raspe Ave. 21206
- Maree G Farring Elementary/Middle School 300 Pontiac Ave. 21225
- Holabird Elementary/Middle School 1500 Imla St. 21224
- Lakeland Elementary School 2921 Stranden Road 21230
- Pimlico Elementary School 4849 Pimlico Road 21215
- Gwynns Falls Elementary School 2700 Gwynns Falls Parkway 21216
- Franklin Square Elementary/Middle School 1400 W. Lexington St. 21223
- Herring Run Recreation Center 5001 Sinclair Lane 21206
- Joseph Lee Recreation Center 6200 E. Pratt Street 21224
The district will also be working closely with their partners and Baltimore City’s Emergency Food Working Group to identify additional options for meals the week of March 23.
Beginning Thursday, Mar. 19, BCPS students may pick up breakfast, lunch, and dinner at 44 locations, including three new sites: Carriage Hill Apartments, Saddle Brooke Apartments, and Woodmoor Shopping Center.
Students must be present to receive meals in the parking lots of the locations identified below on weekdays through Mar. 27, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Arbutus Elementary School
- Baltimore Highlands Elementary School
- Battle Grove Elementary School
- Berkshire Elementary School
- Carney Elementary School
- Carriage Hill Apartments (as of Thursday, Mar. 19)
- Chadwick Elementary School
- Chesapeake High School
- Cove Village Apartments, Essex, in front of rental office
- Deep Creek Middle School
- Deer Park Middle School
- Dulaney High School
- Dundalk Elementary School
- Dundalk High School
- Elmwood Elementary School
- Featherbed Elementary School
- Glyndon Elementary School
- Halstead Academy
- Hawthorne Elementary School
- Johnnycake Elementary School
- Kings Point Shopping Center in front of Kiddie Koach
- Lansdowne High School
- Logan Elementary School
- Middle River Middle School
- Milbrook Elementary School
- New Town High School
- Oakleigh Elementary School
- Owings Mills Elementary School
- Padonia Elementary School
- Parkville High School
- Pleasant Plains Elementary School
- Riverview Elementary School
- Rosedale Library
- Saddle Brooke Apartments (as of Thursday, Mar. 19)
- Sandy Plains Elementary School
- Scotts Branch Elementary School
- Sollers Point Multi-Purpose Center
- Stemmers Run Middle School
- St. Peter Evangelical Lutheran Church, Eastern Ave.
- Sussex Elementary School
- Westchester Elementary School
- Winfield Elementary School
- Woodlawn Middle School
- Woodmoor Elementary School
- Woodmoor Shopping Center (as of Thursday, Mar. 19)
- Whispering Woods Complex.
Howard County Public Schools will offer anyone age 18 and under free meals from 11:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m., from March 17 through March 27.
Participants can pick up lunches at the following sites:
- Howard High School
- Oakland Mills Middle School
- Swansfield Elementary School
- Crandlerock Elementary School/Lake Elkhorn Middle School
The following are mobile sites:
- Laurel Woods Elementary School Parking Lot
- Ducketts Lane Elementary School Parking Lot
- Bushy Park Elementary School Parking Lot
- Monarch Mills Apartments
- Forest Ridge Apartments
Carroll County Public Schools will also be offering free meals Monday through Friday at the following locations.
· Taneytown Elementary School: Parking Lot Pick up 10 AM - NOON
100 Kings Drive, Taneytown, MD 21787
· Robert Moton Elementary Parking Lot Pick up 10 AM - NOON
1413 Washington Road, Westminster, MD 21157
· Wm. Winchester Elementary Parking Lot Pick up 10 AM – NOON
70 Monroe Street, Westminster, MD 21157
· Bishop Garth Park, Noon- 12:30 and Food Van Stop Distribution
Corner of Center Street and Bishop Street, Westminster, MD 21157
Dutterer Park 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM Food Van Stop Distribution
Dutterer Way, Westminster, MD 21157
· Immanuel Lutheran Church Parking Lot Pick up (immediately across from Manchester Elementary School) 10 AM – NOON
3184 Church St., Manchester, MD 21102
· South Carroll HS Parking Lot Pick up 10 AM - NOON
1300 W. Old Liberty Road, Sykesville, MD 21784
Anne Arundel County Public Schools is offering curbside pickup of hot meals at 31 school sites or the 21 additional mobile meals sites and kids will receive a nutritious breakfast, lunch, and dinner in a single pickup from noon to 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Mobile meals vehicles will deliver meals to 21 additional sites in six communities on weekdays as well.
Meals are provided free of charge each day. Children must be between the ages of 2 and 18, but do not have to be eligible for free and reduced-price meals. Adults cannot accept meals on behalf of children.
“Long before the decision was made to close schools, our incredible Food and Nutrition Services team was busy putting this plan together,” Superintendent George Arlotto said. “This model will follow the very successful one we have done for the last several summers and will enable us to continue to provide nutritious and delicious meals to students who depend on us for that service.”
The following schools will serve as meal sites:
Children can pick up meals at the following Mobile Meals sites and times:
The food will be in grab-and-go packages to avoid group settings that would pose risk for the spread of coronavirus.
On Thursday, Governor Larry Hogan along with the State Department of Education announced all public schools would close from March 16 to March 27.
During that time, all school buildings, offices, and buses will be deep cleaned, and restocked with supplies.
Baltimore County Public Schools is now offering grab and go meals for students from the the BCPS Office of Food and Nutrition Services. BCPS will begin providing breakfast, lunch, and dinner at all sites, Wednesday, Mar. 18.
They will be available Monday-Friday from March 16-27 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at several locations:
- SOUTHWEST AREA meal locations: Arbutus ES, Baltimore Highlands ES, Deer Park MS, Milbrook ES, Johnnycake ES, Lansdowne HS, New Town HS, Riverview ES, Westchester ES, Winfield ES
- SOUTHEAST area meal locations: Battle Grove ES, Chesapeake HS, Deep Creek MS, Dundalk ES, Dundalk HS, Hawthorne ES, Logan ES, Sandy Plains ES Stemmers Run MS, Sussex ES, Cove Village Apartments, Essex, in front of rental office, Sollers Point Multi-Purpose Center, St. Peter Evangelical Lutheran Church, Eastern Ave.
- NORTHWEST AREA meal locations: Featherbed Lane ES, Owings Mills ES, Scotts Branch ES, Woodlawn MS, Glyndon ES, Woodmoor ES
- NORTHEAST/CENTRAL meal locations: Elmwood ES, Halstead Academy, Middle River MS, Oakleigh ES, Padonia ES, Parkville HS, Pleasant Plains ES, Carney ES, Dulaney HS, Rosedale Library
Harford County Public Schools will be having alternative meal sites beginning Tuesday, March 17.